OK everyone, here it is! This is the workout I will be following starting January 1st. The 30-day beginner workout for runners. Continue reading
I’m happy to announce that I have been nominated for a blogger recognition award. How awesome is that??? Continue reading
I’ve achieved many new personal records in running during the past few months. I’m so excited at what I’ve been able to accomplish. I ran my first 5k in early December…Yay! But with everything in my life going out of control, I went from running 3-4 times a week, to once a week, to nothing. Continue reading
Thanks to notsoanonymousmermaid for nominating me! This is pretty cool! 🙂
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
- Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Copy the rules into your post.
Here are 11 random facts about myself.
- My mother tongue is French.
- I am an Acadien.
- I have been married for 13 years.
- I’m a wannabe artist – I love to paint and draw.
- I LOVE bacon!
- I enjoy travelling.
- I wear size 9 (US) shoes.
- I dream of owning a hobby farm someday.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology.
- I have crooked toes.
- I’d love to have Michelle Duggar’s patience and have 19 kids of my own!
Here are the answers to the 11 questions that were given to me.
- What’s your most embarrassing story? I went to a staff Christmas party and I accidentally used the men’s washroom instead of the women’s. I noticed I was in the wrong washroom when a man walked in while I was sitting on the flush. I didn’t know how to exit unnoticed. Let’s just say…it wasn’t discreetly!
- If you could only watch one TV/Netflix series for the rest of your life on repeat what would it be? Glimore Girls. I love the characters and the laughs never get old.
- One thing you love and one thing you hate? I love sincere people, no matter how crazy,wacky or different they are. I hate it when people are insincere and are full of lies and empty promises.
- What’s your favourite thing about being a blogger and why? I get to share information about my life with the world, that will hopefully inspire someone someday, and make new friends in the process.
- If you were allowed to have an exotic animal (not a cat, dog or rabbit etc) as a pet what would you have? A lion. I love large wild cats.
- Do you believe in soul mates? I don’t believe in soul mates. You get out of a relationship what you put into it. You could be with the “perfect mate” and still find ways to screw things up if you’re not careful. As long as two people love each other, and that their love comes from an honest and unselfish place, they can make it work.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world for free where would it be and why? I would love to visit some of the islands in Central America like: the British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, The Bahamas, Antigua and Barbuda.
- If you could see any musical ever written what would it be? Wicked.
- Harry potter or the Hunger Games? Harry Potter all the way!
- Who was the last person that rang you ? My mom called me while I was writing this post.
- Who was the last person you said I love you too? I’m not sure. I’ve told all of my kids and my husband “I love you” today, but I can’t remember in which order!
Here are the 11 questions my nominees will need to answer.
- Where were you born?
- What was the name of your grade 1 teacher?
- What’s the worst Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
- Wine, beer or juice?
- Would you prefer to be the mother giving birth or the doctor delivering the baby?
- What frightens you the most?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Do you say “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays”?
- Share one thing you like about yourself.
- Why did you start writing your blog?
- What is your top 2016 goal for your blog?
Now, here are my 11 nominees.
- practical by default
- the cozy factor
- where there’s a willis
- homeschool science geek
- positive adoption
- the foster life
- she cooks with kids
- the beautiful opportunity
- gently we go
- and she wandered west…
- smaller on the outside
Have a great day everyone…and Merry Christmas!
This blog post is very different than my usual posts. I usually like to keep things light, fun and positive. Although, today I’m finding it extremely difficult to do anything fun and positive. I’ve been going on a roller coaster ride of emotions for the past year, but this past week has been by far the most challenging.
Here’s a quick summary of my past week. My niece who has been in foster care for the past year will be visiting with us for a week over Christmas. We are super excited about this. This will be the best Christmas ever because she’s with us. We are awaiting her arrival with great anticipation. Roller coaster high…
Last week, we had to say goodbye to my dad’s cousin. It was unexpected and so sad. The family is devastated by this great loss. She was loved by so many. Roller coaster low…
Also last week, we found out that a wonderful family friend is now in palliative care and will pass at any moment now. He played a great part in my life growing up and I love him dearly. I am sad that I will have to say goodbye to him too. Another roller coaster low…
This morning, we have heard some more sad news. My oldest son’s old bus driver, a man whom he adored, had a major accident in his home while doing home repairs. The doctors don’t think he will wake up again. His sons are begging people to pray. They are waiting on God to heal their father. Yet another roller coaster low…
Christmas is coming. We have many reasons to celebrate. I have an amazing family and everyone will be together. My heart is overwhelmed with love when I look at and think of my family. Jesus died for us. He gave us life. We are about to celebrate his birth and I cannot wait to praise him on this most special day. But while my heart wants to sing with praise and worship, it is also heavy with sadness. It is being overcome by darkness. We might be attending 2 funerals during the next week. I’m on the craziest roller coaster ride ever.
While I know this crazy ride will one day slow down and maybe even stop for a while, for now, I need to focus intensely on God’s light. I need to remain in constant prayer to make it through this. I will take a short break from blogging so I can take care of myself and my family. I intend on returning stronger and inspired.
Please pray for my family over the next week…
Merry Christmas to you all!
Joy to the world, the Lord has come. Let Earth receive her King.
Today I am sharing with you my top 5 favourite holiday recipes I’ve come across this week. I’m officially putting them on my to-d0 list and will hopefully get to enjoy them over the next week or two! Continue reading
My husband and I have three children of our own, and let’s just say that we’ve learned the hard way all the dos and don’ts of surviving the newborn phase. Let me share with you what we’ve learned over the years.
I had never heard this song before. Maybe most of you have, but I first heard the song “Mary Did You Know?” a few weeks ago. It was performed by Pentatonix. I absolutely fell in love with it. Click here to watch the Youtube video of this song. Every time I hear it, I get shivers down my spine and I feel an overwhelming sense of humility and awe.
Actually, that’s the best way to describe it. I feel in complete awe with what Mary must have been going through during the moments where she first held her baby boy.
Most people will learn to run 5 km by using an 8-week or a 10-week program. There are many to choose from to please different needs and personalities. I chose a 10-week plan Continue reading
I did it! I actually did it!
I have to say, I had some serious doubts I would ever accomplish this. Busiest week of the year, fighting the start of a cold, feeling physically exhausted and emotionally drained. Not the best way to prepare myself for my first 5 km race. I had so much going against me. When I went to bed last night (at midnight – sigh!), I honestly didn’t know if I’d have the energy to run, nor the time to do it. SO much going on! Continue reading