Imagine you’re a single mother, caring for your children the best you can, you love them dearly. Then one day, social services comes knocking on your door telling you your children will be taken away from you if you don’t meet a certain list of criteria. You’re not doing your job as a parent. How do you feel? Scared? Confused? Angry? Sad? Continue reading
Happy Birthday to my baby. He is 6 years old today.
He woke up to his big brother yelling out Happy Birthday and playing the kazoo in the hallway. His very own birthday parade first thing in the morning. I don’t think his smile could have gotten any bigger if he tried!
We sure love this boy very much. What an amazing kid this is.
Days like these, I want to treasure forever…
Any of you who have been following my blog lately may have noticed how I haven’t been here much. The difficulties in my life had brought me to a point where Continue reading
Today was an awesome first day of February.
A record breaking high of 8 degrees Celsius made everything even better. Spring is coming everyone! I can’t wait!!! Continue reading
Always busy. Every day busy. So much do to and so little time to do it all.
I try, but I don’t usually get everything done by the end of the day. Continue reading
Today is my wonderful husband’s birthday. He is lovingly called Papa by our children. They wanted to make something special to celebrate his special day. So of course, I searched Pinterest for ideas! Continue reading
Hello everyone! I have finally decided to create a facebook page for Gather Love Grow. Come and check it out!
I don’t believe there’s a parent out there who’s mission it is to become the worst parent in the world. Everyone, in their own way, is striving to be a good parent.
I’m happy to announce that I have been nominated for a blogger recognition award. How awesome is that??? Continue reading
Thanks to notsoanonymousmermaid for nominating me! This is pretty cool! 🙂
LIEBSTER AWARD RULES:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
- Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Copy the rules into your post.
Here are 11 random facts about myself.
- My mother tongue is French.
- I am an Acadien.
- I have been married for 13 years.
- I’m a wannabe artist – I love to paint and draw.
- I LOVE bacon!
- I enjoy travelling.
- I wear size 9 (US) shoes.
- I dream of owning a hobby farm someday.
- I have a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology.
- I have crooked toes.
- I’d love to have Michelle Duggar’s patience and have 19 kids of my own!
Here are the answers to the 11 questions that were given to me.
- What’s your most embarrassing story? I went to a staff Christmas party and I accidentally used the men’s washroom instead of the women’s. I noticed I was in the wrong washroom when a man walked in while I was sitting on the flush. I didn’t know how to exit unnoticed. Let’s just say…it wasn’t discreetly!
- If you could only watch one TV/Netflix series for the rest of your life on repeat what would it be? Glimore Girls. I love the characters and the laughs never get old.
- One thing you love and one thing you hate? I love sincere people, no matter how crazy,wacky or different they are. I hate it when people are insincere and are full of lies and empty promises.
- What’s your favourite thing about being a blogger and why? I get to share information about my life with the world, that will hopefully inspire someone someday, and make new friends in the process.
- If you were allowed to have an exotic animal (not a cat, dog or rabbit etc) as a pet what would you have? A lion. I love large wild cats.
- Do you believe in soul mates? I don’t believe in soul mates. You get out of a relationship what you put into it. You could be with the “perfect mate” and still find ways to screw things up if you’re not careful. As long as two people love each other, and that their love comes from an honest and unselfish place, they can make it work.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world for free where would it be and why? I would love to visit some of the islands in Central America like: the British Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, The Bahamas, Antigua and Barbuda.
- If you could see any musical ever written what would it be? Wicked.
- Harry potter or the Hunger Games? Harry Potter all the way!
- Who was the last person that rang you ? My mom called me while I was writing this post.
- Who was the last person you said I love you too? I’m not sure. I’ve told all of my kids and my husband “I love you” today, but I can’t remember in which order!
Here are the 11 questions my nominees will need to answer.
- Where were you born?
- What was the name of your grade 1 teacher?
- What’s the worst Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
- Wine, beer or juice?
- Would you prefer to be the mother giving birth or the doctor delivering the baby?
- What frightens you the most?
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
- Do you say “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays”?
- Share one thing you like about yourself.
- Why did you start writing your blog?
- What is your top 2016 goal for your blog?
Now, here are my 11 nominees.
- practical by default
- the cozy factor
- where there’s a willis
- homeschool science geek
- positive adoption
- the foster life
- she cooks with kids
- the beautiful opportunity
- gently we go
- and she wandered west…
- smaller on the outside
Have a great day everyone…and Merry Christmas!